According to Biovision customers who have successfully implemented laparoscopic and laparoscopic-assisted procedures into their practices, more than 70% of veterinary clients will choose laparoscopy for their animal if it is available and if they are given the choice–even if the cost is higher.
Biopsy • Cryptorchid • Cystoscopy • Foreign Body • Ovariectomy/Ovariohysterectomy
Prophylactic Gastropexy • Video Otoscopy • Thoracoscopy • More
With the doctor’s help, clients come to understand that laparoscopic surgeries offer the following advantages:
- Less painful — A groundbreaking study published in 2005 (J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2005 Sep 15;227(6):921-7) showed that dogs who underwent laparoscopic-assisted ovariohysterectomy (LAOHE) had lower pain scores than dogs who underwent traditional OHEs. Nine of 10 dogs in the OHE group required additional pain medication on the basis of pain scores, whereas none of the dogs in the LAOHE group did.
- Less stressful — In the same study, blood glucose concentrations were significantly increased from preoperative concentrations in both groups at 1 hour postoperatively; however, blood glucose concentrations remained elevated only in the OHE group, and remained elevated at 2, 4, and 6 hours postoperatively. Cortisol concentrations were significantly increased at 1 and 2 hours postoperatively only in the OHE group.
- Faster recovery — In most cases of routine laparoscopic-assisted procedures such as spay, cryptorchid neuter, gastropexy, and biopsy, the animal is able to return home the same day.
- Smaller incision with smaller resulting scar — In many cases, the incision for a laparoscopic-assisted procedure is as small across as a dime. Accordingly, preoperative shaving usually involves a much smaller area.
Registration Now Open for 2022 In-Person Sessions!
Register today to attend one of our 2022 sessions.
Available dates include April 8, August 5, and December 2.
SEE FOR YOURSELF
Click on a link to view a brief procedure video
- Laparoscopic-assisted spay (3 min 57 sec)
- Laparoscopic-assisted prophylactic gastropexy (3 min 8 sec)
- Laparoscopic-assisted cryptorchid neuter (2 min 48 sec)
FULL-DAY HANDS-ON CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSE:
“Practical, Profitable Rigid Endoscopy for Vets”
3 sessions in 2022 (choose from April 8, August 5, or December 2)
Come and experience laparoscopy’s short, comfortable learning curve for yourself on user-friendly equipment doing everyday procedures and learning from instructors who pioneered single-port techniques and have taught them across the country. Early registration is $995; registration within two weeks of a class increases to $1,095. Space will be extremely limited; only 4 participants per session — click to register!