EndoDiagnostic + Surgical Suite (EDSS Mobility)
You’re skeptical. We get it. And it’s okay.
There’s a lot of hype out there. It seems everyone is trying to persuade you to buy this or invest in that. You’re wise to take the time to look deeper and require solid evidence before committing your hard-earned dollars. You’re the kind of customer we like best. That’s because we have plenty to share about the value of making Biovision Veterinary Endoscopy’s EndoDiagnostic + Surgical Suite (EDSS Mobility) a part of your practice.
Conservative ROI Estimation
- $750-$1,200/procedure, dependent upon your market
- 4 procedures/month
- 89% Year One cash-on-cash return
- 5-year loan
- 8% simple interest
- 35% marginal U.S. tax rate
- Use of Section 179 deduction (U.S. only)
Calculate the ROI For Your Hospital
- The interactive ROI spreadsheet linked here lets you model "What if?" scenarios for loan term, interest rate, and more. Use $43,950 as the 2023 equipment price for Biovision Veterinary Endoscopy's EndoDiagnostic+Surgical Suite (EDSS)®.
EDSS Mobility can represent a new service offering for your practice.
Data from Biovision clients who have integrated the EndoDiagnostic+Surgical Suite (Mobility) into their practices report that 70% of clients will choose laparoscopic procedures for their animals if available…even if it’s more expensive. This, combined with laparoscopy’s short and comfortable learning curve, means general practitioners can rapidly expand both their services and their profits.
- Liver biopsies have the shortest learning curve for general practitioners and take the least time to perform of all laparoscopic and lap-assisted procedures.
- With the full-day surgical training included with purchase of the EDSS Mobility, general practitioners can learn to perform prophylactic gastropexies.
- 20% of patients are candidates for video otoscopy, with a 7-minute procedure that can be performed by your techs while recording video through the integrated media capture system. You can then review the video with the client.
EDSS Mobility sets your practice apart from your competitors.
Without doubt, there’s a “wow factor” associated with the laparoscopic modality. Not only will your clients and prospective clients perceive your practice as progressive and innovative, they will appreciate how laparoscopy benefits their animal — less pain, less risk of infection, and faster recovery, just to name a few.
Single-port laparoscopy has a short, comfortable learning curve for general practitioners.
While actual time to proficiency will vary by veterinarian, compare single-port laparoscopy to other modalities as performed by general practitioners:
- Laser — 2-4 weeks to proficiency (approximately 20 procedures)
- Ultrasound — 2-4 years for 85% proficiency
- Multi-port laparoscopy — 3-6 months (20-30 procedures)
- Single-port laparoscopy — 1-2 months (5-10 procedures)
- Arthroscopy — 6-12 months (30-50 procedures)
Interviews with practice staff (CVT, receptionist, assistant practice manager) discussing the positive impact laparoscopic procedures have on a practice, its patients, and its clients.
Video otoscopy has a short learning curve and provides a quick return on investment. Dr. Ray Cox of Deer Creek Animal Hospital in LIttleton, CO (www.dcah.com) explains step-by-step how general practice veterinarians can incorporate video otoscopy into your practice successfully. Featuring Biovision Veterinary Endoscopy's EndoDiagnostic+Surgical Suite (EDSS).